Our basil is amazing this year, and it’s already the fifth time I’ve made pesto. Time to add the recipe to Needs More Butter for easy reference!
- 2 cups basil, packed (can substitute spinach leaves for half)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (original recipe calls for pine nuts, but I almost always use walnuts)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add basil and walnuts to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse to combine, scraping down the sides once or twice as necessary.
- With the food processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream, again scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Add salt and pepper and pulse a few times to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.