So I might be a little bit obsessed with this meal. It’s the kind of meal that I want to get every single flavor in every bite, but there are so many flavors that it can’t really (or can only barely) be done. It’s seasonal and beautiful (chicken notwithstanding) and super easy. A little bit of a disclaimer: cooked Brussel sprouts do not smell good. I took this meal to a friend’s house tonight to celebrate their new baby, and when we got back in the car, Clara said, “Are you kidding me? It still stinks in here?” Ha. But the taste is worth it.
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if they are really big)
- 2 small (or 1 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small acorn squash, seeds removed and sliced thinly (peeled is optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (could also use chicken breasts)
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 7 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the vegetables and cranberries on the sheet, then add the chicken on top.
- Melt the butter or ghee in a small saucepan, and add the sage leaves just until they wilt a bit.
- Drizzle the butter and sage over the chicken and vegetables and salt and pepper as desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.