Yummy little bites that look like waffles and taste like donuts. Win win.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
for the topping (I had to make this twice for one batch of waffle donuts):
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter and beat well.
- Stir in the 3 cups of flour, mixing well until it is thoroughly combined. You will have thick, sticky batter.
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- Place a teaspoon of batter in the middle of each waffle part (my waffle iron has 4).
- Cook for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the donuts and place on a cooling rack.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
- Dip the waffles in butter, shake off, then dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.