I’m pretty much obsessed with roasting red peppers. I also tried yellow and orange with good results. I have not tried green. Roasting peppers is so easy that it’s barely a recipe, but I’m putting it up here so that if I need to look up the temperature, it’s handy. And so that you can enjoy the wonder of roasted peppers. I usually make about four at a time and keep them in the fridge.
- Bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, green)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake peppers on the middle rack for 30 minutes, or until blackened, turning every 10 minutes.
- Take peppers out of the oven and place in a covered pot (I use my Dutch oven) for at least 15 minutes (and up to hours).
- When the peppers have cooled, peel off the blackened skin and remove the seeds. Cut into strips.