I have tried kale chips before with no success, but Missy at Prairie Whole Farm (aka “Joie’s farm”) let me in on a couple secrets: dry kale, oven at 275. It works. These are crazy addictive.
- kale, destemmed and torn into pieces
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Brush kale leaves with olive oil (or you can mix it in a bowl — leaves should be lightly coated on both sides).
- Spread in single layer (or close to a single layer) on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with salt (and sparingly with cheese if you’re using it).
- Bake 15 minutes, flip, and bake 15 more minutes.