These are super easy. I bet you have everything for them in your pantry right now (which makes them free). And they taste at least as good as boxed brownies.* Truth in advertising disclaimer: the brownie pictured is actually a gluten-free brownie (recipe here) and not at all the brownies from this recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or some combination of oils and applesauce; part coconut oil is nice, but all coconut oil would be overwhelming)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 8×8 pan for 20-25 minutes.