This chocolate pudding, called simply “hot pudding” at our house is from Deceptively Delicious. Simon asks for it every time he sees an avocado. The texture of the pudding depends on how well you mash the avocado; I sometimes use a blender or food mill (like for baby food) and sometimes just mash it with a fork.
- 1/4 cup margarine (or butter would probably work too)
- 1 cup avocado puree (aka mashed avocado — about 2 ripe avocados)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (optional-ish)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine over low heat.
- Stir in the avocado, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in the cornstarch.
- Serve warm.