I’m always game for a new breakfast casserole. This one comes by way of the Taste of Home Cookbook from home chef Patricia Throlson of Hawick, Minnesota.
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/2 C green pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 C milk
- 1-16oz pkg frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 C (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 t dill weed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and reserved bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 dish. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.