This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Leslie. I made it once for AFC, and when Jason brought it over, Karen saw him from a distance and thought he was bringing in a big platter of meat (and I can see her point). Up close, though, monkey bread looks and tastes like ooey, gooey… well, monkey bread.
- 2 cans refrigerator biscuit (7.5-ounce cans)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (½ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup margarine (or butter)
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Tear biscuits into halves or thirds.
- Roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture and layer in bundt or angel food cake pan.
- Heat brown sugar, margarine, and water until margarine is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over biscuits and bake for 30 minutes.